Hey! My name is Jake Stepansky and I’m a theatre-maker, arts administrator, and Master’s degree candidate at the Harvard Graduate School of Education. I have six years of professional writing experience under my belt and I’d be thrilled to proofread or edit your:
• website copy
• grant applications & final reports
• blog posts or newsletters
• personal & professional bios
• cover letters & resumes
• scholarship / fellowship / job application essays
• English-language documents for non-native English speakers
I’m also happy to write / edit / support you in writing:
• that email you’ve been meaning to send for six months (I’ll even draft it!)
• an apology text
• a breakup text
• a sorry-I-ghosted-you-four-months-ago-what-are-you-up-to text
• a manifesto (I mean, why not?)
• a shopping list?
• any sort of short-form writing that doesn’t require me to do any research
Although I have particular experience and expertise working with the items listed above, I’m willing to edit or proofread just about anything – though I’ll want to have a quick conversation about editorial ethics if you’re asking me to edit an academic paper.
Here’s what I can offer:
• Personalized written feedback that will help you tease out new ideas, clarify existing ideas, and eliminate grammatical errors by amplifying your voice rather than stifling it.
• 30 – 60 minutes of feedback over Zoom to help you develop and feel confident in your writing ability.
• Turnaround of written feedback in 24 – 36 hours (depending on the size of the project – we’ll discuss!) – and same day turnaround available for a small fee
Before we jump into a project, I’d be happy to edit a small portion of your document free of charge to demonstrate my editorial ability.
If you’re able to pay at my published rate – thank you and please do! I’m a grad student and am really grateful for the financial support. That said – I’m flexible. I really want to work with you, and I don’t want finances to be a barrier for anyone. So! I highly recommend / request that even if you’re not able to afford my published rate, you reach out with details about your project. We can have a discussion about what price point might work for both of us and go from there!
Finally, I’m always looking for new creative and editorial projects, so please don’t hesitate to reach out if you’re interested in working together, even if your project doesn’t quite align with the description above (other skills include: database management, email / mail correspondence, accounting, SAT / regular tutoring, and dramaturgy for artistic projects and for life projects).
I’m reachable on iMessage, WhatsApp, or via email. Pick your poison and give me a shout! I can’t wait to work with you.